Please find below a copy of our last July 2014 OSTED Report - the school was given an overall effectiveness award of GOOD.
A summary of the Inspector's key findings are given below:
This is a good school.
- The school provides an environment in which students make significant improvements in their attitudes to learning. Their academic achievement is good as a result.
- Students in Key Stage 4 who remain at the school successfully complete a number of GCSE courses and other nationally accredited courses. In 2013, all students gained either a functional skill or GCSE qualification in English and mathematics.
- Students say the school is a safe place in which to learn. They say there is no bullying and that there are lots of adults they can talk with should they feel the need to share a problem.
- Teachers’ high expectations and interesting lessons ensure students enjoy learning and make good progress.
- Students’ behaviour in and around the school is good. Those students who have found school challenging in the past settle quickly into the life of the school.
- Learning mentors, some of whom provide oneto-one support for named students throughout the day, are highly effective in managing students’ behaviour.
- The headteacher, her deputy and others with posts of responsibility provide good leadership and management at all levels. All staff want the best outcomes possible for students. They make sure improvements in the quality of learning are sustained.
- Experienced governors know the school well. Their range of individual expertise enables them to hold the school to account, including checking on students’ learning and progress.