Covid 19 update - 8th March return to school
As you are aware all schools are opening to all students from Monday 8th of March. The government have asked us to implement a variety of measures to restrict the spread of the virus. One of these is testing of all staff and students twice weekly. This includes students testing themselves at home after the 22nd March 2021. We don’t believe that this is in the best interest of parents/carers and students and we will be implementing the following:
- All Waltham Forest students should come into school between 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Friday 5th March to be tested and then return home.
- Attached is a consent form which we ask for you to sign and return with your child.
- Out of borough students should not come in on Friday but on Monday 8th March instead. Again they will be tested, but will stay in school as long as a negative test is obtained.
- We will continue to test students twice a week in school moving forward.
- We will be operating in three bubbles one KS3 and one KS4 as well as construction. This means that students will be taught in separate parts of the school and should not move between these areas.
- Staff and students will be required to wear masks in classrooms and when moving around the school. This can be removed when eating or taking part in physical activity.
- There will also be an expectation for students to clean their hands regularly and wipe tables where they have been working.
- If your child or anyone in your household develops symptoms or tests positive then they would self-isolate for 10 days.
- School will finish at 2:30 pm for KS3 students, 2:40 pm for Year 10 students and 2:50 pm for Year 11 students.
We will continue to review practice and keep you updated as the term progresses.